Sunday, February 1, 2009

Random thoughts

So I woke up this morning before Cade and had all these ideas going through my mind. So I thought I would sit down and take a moment while John and Cade are at the shoppett to write them all out. Always helps me see things better.

First, Cade is suppose to get the captain's bed that I used while growing up. We like the idea of not having to shell out another $100 or so for a toddler bed, then getting a twin bed. Although it is a bit harder to find cute toddler bedding because of this. But then John reminded me that when we moved here, the movers broke a slat on the bed, so in order for John to fix it he had to nail the removeable slats to the bed. So in order to get it out of that room and into Cade's he will have to rebreak the bed and renail it. He is not sure it will survive a 18 month old for long. So our other option is to buy a bed frame (about $30) then a headboard or me make one. I have seen it done tons of time on tv (tv is good for something right?). No matter what we have to buy a dresser. Cade never had one. We bought those awesome shelfs from IKEA, that fits in his closet. Right now John is storing his stuff in the drawers under the bed, so we have to get another dresser. Just trying to see what would be cheapest. And I want a used dresser, because it has to last a toddler. Once the next kid needs a bed, we will get rid of the captian's bed and buy matching twin beds for the kids that way if because of a housing situation they need to share a room at least their furniture matches. Which leads me back to I should just make a headboard for now or keep the captian's bed if possible, so we can buy the two beds together to match and then buy a nice dresser set to match the beds a that time also.

As for Cade's new bedding, since he likes something for 5 minutes at a time I am picking it out this time. I have chosen to go with Eric Carle's bedding. Target used to carry it, but no longer does. So I have to order this offline on Ebay. We are going with the hungry catipiller theme.
I thought of today a way to decorate it. I am going to buy some hungry catipiller books off line cheap used ones and cut out the pictures in them to frame. I want to spell Cade's name and use some of the art to do this. 

I have been thinking about painting the bed rooms as we will have to move the furniture around anyways. I got the kitchen down and it looks GREAT! We had a friend stop by last night, a guy, and he walked in and was like "did you paint this?" John piped up "yea! doesn't it look great". Gee thanks. The guy was really impressed that just changing the color slightly made such a big difference. My goal is painting the hallway this week. I would love to paint the entry way, but the entry way shares a wall with the living room and the china hutch happens to be parked on that wall. So until I figure out how i am going to fix that issue, I am holding off on the living room. I could paint the other two walls, but it might be months before that china hutch gets moved. So I could start of John's room. Right now I took all his pictures down and hung them in the entry hall. The desk in now in the office, and the quilt rack we sold. So there is the bed, mom's old school desk and a hutch still in there. So that wouldn't be too hard to knock out of the way. 

I am getting anxious about this baby. I have been so patient. We find out in a week from tomorrow what it is. I keep having dreams it is a girl. I did post a poll at the top for every one to take their guess. I put girl. So sad! But mom's family is really pulling for one. We are screwed if it is. We have no girl clothes. As much as I tried to get neutral clothes for Cade, we didn't. But I do have the bedding picked out if it is a girl. 

Alright, well John and Cade are back and I need to dry my hair.

No comments: